|1. The personal data that you provide to Polytechnic Mauritius (PML) will be treated as confidential. Such data may include personal particulars, family data, assessment records, etc.
2. The data collected is limited to what is necessary to facilitate the carrying out of activities by PML as an academic institution.
3.PML recognises the importance of safeguarding personal information. To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data is secured with appropriate security technologies.
4.PML may share necessary data with other Government agencies, so as to serve you in a most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by law.
5. PML will NOT share your personal data with non-Government entities, except where such entities have been authorised to carry out specific Government services.
Polytechnics Mauritius Ltd (PML) pledges to comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2019. In doing so, we will ensure compliance by our staff with the highest standards of security and confidentiality.
- What personal information that we obtain from the website or any other means from you, the way it is treated and with whom it is shared.
- The options available for you regarding the use of your data.
- How PML ensures security of data as obtained on you and how the data is protected against any potential misuse.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
Polytechnics Mauritius abides by the requirements of Data Protection Act 2019. PML is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. Polytechnics Mauritius will have access to only information provided voluntarily by you on the website, via mail or through other direct contact. Your information will be safely saved by Polytechnics Mauritius, will not share, sell or rent this information to anyone without your permission.
Your information is safe with us and we will only reply to matter for which you contacted us. At no point in time, Polytechnics Mauritius will deal in sharing your information with any third party unless as explicitly requested or advised by you.
Kinds of personal data held by PML
- Student records which include records containing information provided by or collected from applicants / students / former students.
- Personnel records which include personal particulars, job descriptions, details of compensation and benefits, performance appraisals, references and disciplinary matters relating to job applicants, employees and former employees of PML
- Other records which include administration and other files other than student records and personnel records.
Main purposes of maintaining personal data
- Student records are maintained by PML for academic and administrative purposes, including dealing with matters relating to the individual’s applications or studies, facilitating communications, processing applications for activities, services and facilities, complying with applicable procedures and laws, and all other purposes related to any of the above.
- Personnel records are maintained by PML for human resource management purposes including matters relating to the employees’ employment, enabling internal communications, complying with applicable procedures and laws, and all other purposes related to any of the above.
- Other records are maintained by PML for different purposes which vary according to the nature of the record, such as performing administrative functions, seeking advice on operational matters, organizing and delivering educational and training activities, etc.
Your Access to and Control of Information
You may inform us in case you wish, in the future, to opt out of any future contact with Polytechnics Mauritius. You may use any of the following modes of communication; email, telephone or any mode that will ensure the degree of security as stipulated in the policy. You may as well:
- Seek data we hold about you, in case still relevant
- Request for data we hold regarding you be changed or corrected
- Ask for deletion of data we have about you
- Show any valid concern regarding the way we treat and handle your data.
We pledge to take maximum precaution in handling information regarding you and protect the information in whatever way and time it is treated. Care is taken for information as submitted by you through the website is protected through relevant encryption and/ or other methods of protection to secure whatever transaction you have with Polytechnics Mauritius.
We are respectful of your privacy and in the event certain sections of this website were to be used, we request you to fill the relevant form with you providing a user name and a valid e mail address. The information so received from you will be the mode for communicating information regarding our services that would be of interest to you.
Surveys & Contests
We often undertake survey on our site whereby we seek information. Any participation in such surveys are voluntary and information requested may include contact information (such as name and address). Surveys information have an ultimate objective to either be used for research purpose or to improve the site.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.