Are you ready to embark on this roller-coaster which push you beyond academic?
Join an international melting pot of students, lecturers and staff.
Apart from being an ideal tropical dream holiday destination, Mauritius is also an education hub.
It currently hosts:
- 10 public Higher Education Institutions.
- 40 private Higher Education Institutions.
Our students have access to:
- Courses leading to qualifications ranging from foundation to degrees with 50 % industrial exposure.
- A wide variety of courses delivered in different modes
- Free bus service from accommodation to place of study and back.
Mauritius is famed for its crystal-clear waters, powder-white beaches, luxury resorts and its one-of-a-kind warm welcome. But there’s so much more to this island; breath-taking sceneries, great climate and above all its rich cultural diversity.
Home to 1.3 million inhabitants, Mauritius has consistently been rated the best-run country in the Indian Ocean region.
- Affordability-Courses offered at our Higher Education Institutions are highly competitive when compared to other international destinations.
- Scholarships- Full scholarships will support successful candidates from African Union countries in meeting tuition fees, airfare from and to their country of citizenship and contribute to their living expenses in Mauritius.
- No Language Barrier- English is the official language of Mauritius but French is also widely spoken. Most Mauritians are multilingual speaking English, French, and Creole.
- Qualified Lecturer- Our lecturers are highly qualifications and participate in Continuous Professional Development.
- Work Placement Opportunities- Universities offer numerous work placement opportunities that provide real-world job experience. Internships allow students to work for university credits in a job related to their field of study.
- Student Visa- Procedures are streamlined for acquiring a student visa.
Apply for your Student Visa
The Student Affairs Officer will assist you with your visa application. A list of documents will be sent to you via email and the completed and original documents will have to be sent to the school via post. The visa procedures usually take between 4-6 weeks
Acceptance of offer: Students accept by paying the deposit stated as per the offer letter. This confirms the student’s place at the University and is also required for visa application. Submit your deposit of tuition fees along with a photocopy of your passport details page.
The application ‘Form to Enter Mauritius’ to be filled and signed by the applicant (original letter required) – download application form http://passport.govmu.org
Two recent passport size photographs
- Copy of the data pages of the passport of the applicant
- Letter of offer, specifying the detail of the course enrolled for (Copy)
Sponsor letter from parent/sponsor stating that they will be financially responsible for the applicant during his/her stay in Mauritius as student (original letter required)
Evidence of funds to meet costs of training from applicant’s sponsor to prove that the applicant has access to sufficient funds to cover all the expenses associated with his/her training at PML (original bank statements required)
Accommodation letter signed by the owner of the house/flat to prove where the student will be staying in Mauritius (original letter required)
In case of a minor, a letter of consent from the responsible parties/guardian to be produced.
Note: We strongly recommend that you visit your local doctor and have a medical check for the below mentioned conditions on ‘COMPLETE MEDICAL TESTS IN MAURITIUS AND RECEIVE STUDENT VISA’ before coming to Mauritius. If you are found to have infringed any of the above conditions whilst you are in Mauritius, the provisional entry permit will be cancelled and you will be required to leave Mauritius within two (2) weeks.
The above documents are required by the Passport and Immigration Office (PIO) in Mauritius and we will submit those along with the following documents to the PIO, Port Louis, for the issue of your visa:
- Original letter of admission from PML
Receipt for the payment of tuition fees
Receive Entry Visa Allowing Student to Travel in Mauritius
Once the documents have been sent to the Passport and Immigration Office (PIO), and that the application is successful, the PIO will notify PML by sending an “Entry Permit to Mauritius” for a period of 3 months for the prospective student.
A provisional student visa for a period of 3 months will be granted to the student, provided that he/she:
- is in possession of a valid travel document
- holds a valid return passage ticket to travel back to his/her country of origin or residence and
- has adequate funds to meet the cost of his/her stay
Medical Test in Mauritius
The student is also requested to produce to the Passport and Immigration Office within one month as from the date of his/her arrival, a medical certificate by any private Laboratory/Clinic/Hospital in Mauritius certifying that he/she is not suffering from HIV, Hepatitis B, Heart disease and Chest Infection.
If students require help with regards to finding an accommodation within the vicinity of their campus vicinity.
Together, we will help you find a home that suits your budget and lifestyle.
Terms and Conditions for rental of accommodation:
The following terms and conditions apply to your application for accommodation, please review these terms carefully and print or save a copy for your reference.
- If you are under 18 years of age you must have consent of a parent or legal guardian when making an application.
- Students should comply to the contract given to them by the tenant and a deposit of a minimum of 1-month deposit (non- refundable) should be paid in advance
- The deposit will be refundable only after 3-6months depending on the landlord agreement and students should inform the tenant of the termination of tenancy. Please note that the tenant will make necessary refunds subject to any breakages, repairs or replacement of materials.
- Polytechnics Mauritius will not be liable for any loss of damage to the student’s valuables and personal belongings.